Soul Mates


To say that we are soul mates
Disguises the real truth.
We are one soul,


















To say that we are soul mates
Disguises the real truth.
We are one soul,
Separated at love’s beginning,
Searching a universe of time
That we may be one
Without two, again.

To ask what you mean to me
Is to ask a dolphin what
The ocean means to it,
What the air means to life,
The angels mean to heaven.

To ask me why
Is to forget love’s beginning.
It is to look at the stars without wonder.
To see God and ask who.

My dreams are
Dreamed for you.
My prayers are said for you.
My heart is because of you.

My soul soars
As you,
One Not Two

Source : Collected Poems - Romancing the Divine - By Larry Derusha
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyrics - Free Spirit by Deva Premal and Miten

Poetry - The Waking - Theodore Roethke